- Download the strace source distribution from SourceForge strace project
- Extract the strace package on your linux machine
- Set your cross compiler information with command: # export CC=your_cross_compiler_folder/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
- Add your_cross_compiler_folder/bin into your $PATH for path searching
- Change your current folder to strace package extract folder, use command: # ./configure -host=arm-linux
- You have the Makefile generated, edit it, append -static after CFLAGS variable in Makefile
- Compile it with simple command: # make
- You have the strace now, verify it with command: # file strace, you shall see "strace: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, statically linked, not stripped"
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Create google android strace tool
Prerequisite, you already have the cross compiler downloaded from download GNU toolchain site, make sure you select ARM GNU/Linux, and IA32 GNU/Linux.